Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 1 - Papa Loko Evaluation

This brief is something I have wanted to try for a long time, which is to create a high end, well crafted and bespoke alcohol packaging for a rum or whiskey. This brief started out as a research led brief as I had no idea what my rum concept was going to be. I went thtough different tangents and different ideas to do with the Caribbean were Rum originates from including Naval, Pirates etc. But eventually I decided to focus my concept on Voodoo which is a large religion in the Caribbean especially Haiti. After a wave of design ideas I lost passion for the project. I was happy with the concept but I couldn't create anything that was doing it for me. I think I wasn't being adventurous enough. But after I tried again later I started again and went down a more hand rendered approach and the resolution came together well. Because there were problems with this brief I think that I had to think and design in a different way and that is why the resolution turned out different and decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment